FINANCIAL / PROCUREMENT ANALYST
We are seeking a highly organized and resourceful Financial/Procurement Analyst to join our growing Top Workplaces team! This role is responsible for providing various reporting analytics and strategic forecasting aligned with the business plan. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude conveying concise communication skills and strong financial acumen.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate a growth mindset, identifying process improvement opportunities and implement sound controls mitigating business risk
- Provide functional leadership support in various aspects of Finance including objective business insights, operational efficiencies, asset management, and effective control infrastructure
- Manage supplier/vendor relationships and performance, negotiate costing and contracts, supplier risk assessments, maintain accurate records and records-keeping practices, research alternative outsourcing, and procurement support opportunities
- Synthesize part data results with a focus on cost pricing, historical data, sales volumes, releases, product mix, and overall P&L results
- Gather and analyze data to create financial cost reports, ad-hoc reporting, financial models, and meaningful KPIs
- Demonstrate leadership both horizontally and vertically; solve controls issues at the “root cause” and create broad organizational learning
- Create and build strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and in coordination with cross-functional teams to develop and implement procurement and other financial strategies that align with business organizational goals and objectives
- Responsible for communicating procurement statuses and advising on market trends, external elements, supply chain issues, availability, profit drivers, and projections.
- Maintain MRP system obtaining quotes, customer requirement details and specifications, lead times, past due and upcoming delivery dates, outsourced vendor contacts, and procurement part cost structures,
- Manage inventory of raw materials, capital equipment, and supplies
- Must possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a financial analyst, accountant, or comparable experience in a finance function
- Proficient in Microsoft Office ® (Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations
- This position may require the individual to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle/feel objects, and have strong specific vision abilities
- This position requires extensive computer usage
- Must be a self-starter requiring little supervision
Please note, this job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required to successfully perform this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice, based on business needs.